Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Recovery Time

I hit a wall with life and working out. Not my idea but I did not fight it, Brian from Fitness Together encouraged me to take a week off. He showed me why, saying my performance when doing my reps were not good. I felt fatigue. He asked me not to do anything but work and eat healthy. He followed up mid week reminding me and asking me not to work out. Well no excuses only the truth, I missed two weeks because sometimes life hands you a few bumps in the road and exercise was set aside.
After having two weeks off I knew I was in for it. I have this obstacle course I do at Fitness Together. Its a combinations of 8 exercises that he wants me to do 3 times. So once I do the first 8 then I repeat myself until I have done it 3 times. There are two exercises that are not my friend but I have gave it my best and said we are best of friends. This course really works every muscle in my body and keeps my heart rate up. When I am done I feel like a panting dog that is having a lung and heart failure.
Monday morning we meet, obstacle time! He explains that hes going to make me pay for missing out and not thinking about myself and working out that last week.
Monday only could go twice through all the exercises in 33 minutes, with a few times of crying because I let myself go again.
Wednesday I did all the exercises and did not cry but in 36 minutes.
Friday he explains that if I don't do all the exercises in 30 minutes like I did before my two weeks off he was going to continue to do this until I achieved this goal.
I did it in 30 minutes and a few seconds into it.
Ya, I did not do it in less that 30minutes but I was very close, so I won the confidence of knowing that even if I get a road block that I can plow through it and get through the obstacles in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment