Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Encouragement

I was introduced to a woman that is a daughter of one of our clients at my work. I am sharing this story with you because it brings tears to my eyes when I think about how I have impacted her and she has me.
She came to the salon, juggling two twin boys (that are a year and a half years old) saying how she read my blog, (her mother gave her my info) and was encouraged by me. WOW me?? Seriously?? When I looked at her she appears to be very fit and athletic. She tells me how she read my blog and was encouraged by me to get on the treadmill at work and walk. As time went by she got courage and strength to run and walk. Now she is running. She told me that she was doing her first 5k jiggle bell dash last weekend. I am sooo excited to hear if she completed it. (if your reading leave a message here very interested in knowing)
I am astonished at who finds encouragement from what I am doing. I had another client that told me her and her friend are now doing the same thing running a 5K once a month. I have had an older lady tell me she got out her weights and is moving around. Its an amazing feeling. The encouragement is like a rush, almost like an accomplishment, stepping over the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment